cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Short cables....

Hello and hope someone can help 🙂

Just received now tv boxes for broadband and tv (shiny new kit. Internet worked right away. What a dream :-)))

However small problem. Cables are way too short and because of where our tv is, and the internet socket, I cannot get the t.v. box connected to internet box if that makes sense (tv is far from the only internet socket thing).

Any ideas whether there are longer cables available somewhere? Or any other idea welcome :)) thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Just something that jumped out at me, Jam plans to put his router next to his TV, will this not cause the router to suffer from interference?

Agreed ukbobboy... It's not good practice to locate a wi-fi router (which is a transmitter/receiver) close to other electrical recieving devices.

Sufficed to say if anyone does have a wi-fi router located close to 'smart' media playback devices (ie: devices that require an internet connection), you're much better off using a 'wired' ethernet cable connection anyway.

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are firstly going to try the WiFi method, i would suggest that you lift your Router to a higher level on a shelf or cabinet if possible, rather than leaving the Router currently on your floor next to the master telephone socket.

WiFi Routers are normally more effective off the floor from my experience and you may have to play around with the Router position in the room to find the best WiFI signal around your house.

Try to keep the Router away from electronic equipment, wireless telephones and especially a microwave which can create havoc with a WiFi signal.

If you are having WiFi dropouts or picture buffering from the NowTV box, then definitely go down the Ethernet hard wired route, which if practically possible is always the best solution for connecting any internet connected device.