cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re-name wireless devices nowTV router?

I just got my nowTV broadband up and running. After a few hitches (and losing our phone number in the process, despite being promised we could keep it), we're online now and started connecting the wireless stuff.

Being used to a more hands-on router, the nowTV one is a bit...uhm...simplistic, to say the least. 

I was trying to re-name the wireless devices in the list, so it is easier to keep an eye on things, but couldn't find a way to do so. Yes, I know I can re-name the device in the device settings itself, but it's not carrying over to the device list on the router. So I have a long list of 'android' devices, and a couple of 'unknowns', which I would really like to put a name to. Like I used to be able to do on my other router.

I checked everywhere, but couldn't find an option to re-name the devices. Did I miss something, or is that really not possible? Help?

3 REPLIES 3
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Can you help? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us the Now TV HUB does not have the ability to change each device name manually through the Router instead how it was designed and most routers is to read the name of the device itself so the only way for it to have individual device names on the router is to name each device that you have seperately through the devices itself.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All devices have distinct device names, and were recognised by the old router with those names.
The new router does not pick up on those names on any android device, no matter what it is, just lists them as 'android' and following that up with a number.