cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Question on the passes

I've just took out a 12 month contract ie Broadband, Phone and TV (entertainment pass)

As i'm aware i will receive my bill on my go live date (14th)  So as i am in contract, will i need to renew my pass every month? I realise this has probably been asked or I'll not say anything about being thick Lol

Thanks in advance for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It will just roll on until you cancel. It will be added to your monthly bill.

When you cancel, your bill will decrease. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User I don't think you can change your username on the forum. Am I right there @Tony-D

What do you want your twitter linked to?

@Anonymous User I'm afraid @caseyb1993 is right 😕

To link your Twitter account though, you just have to Click the little black arrow beside your avatar in the top right hand corner of this page (when you're logged in of course) the go to 'My Stteings' > 'Social' > Enter your Twitter Account info'

Let me know if that works 🙂

Cheers

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User I don't think you can change your username on the forum. Am I right there @Tony-D

What do you want your twitter linked to?

@Anonymous User I'm afraid @caseyb1993 is right 😕

To link your Twitter account though, you just have to Click the little black arrow beside your avatar in the top right hand corner of this page (when you're logged in of course) the go to 'My Stteings' > 'Social' > Enter your Twitter Account info'

Let me know if that works 🙂

Cheers

Also @Anonymous User 

Yes, you can cancel your passes at any time during the combo contract. Only the Broadband and Talk are contracted (unless you chose to go contract-free) However, you are most likely on an offer where you're getting a discount on your Broadband for having a pass (12 month offer) at this point.

Cheers 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D

Thanks for clarifying that, which is different to the advice given out when the Combo first came out, but maybe confusion and or teething problems.

So just to be clear in my own head, when signing up for a combo you need to choose a pass to include as part of that combo. But that pass can be cancelled anytime, and you carry on just paying for broadband and calls if you wish? And if you receive a discount for having all three, you can still cancel the pass and just have broadband and calls, but will lose the discount?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Tony-D

Thanks for clarifying that, which is different to the advice given out when the Combo first came out, but maybe confusion and or teething problems.

So just to be clear in my own head, when signing up for a combo you need to choose a pass to include as part of that combo. But that pass can be cancelled anytime, and you carry on just paying for broadband and calls if you wish? And if you receive a discount for having all three, you can still cancel the pass and just have broadband and calls, but will lose the discount?

No problems @Andy 

You'll recieve the same discount for having at least one pass (doesn't matter if you have 1 or 3, only for the first 12 months though)

But yes, you can cancel all your passes although it might not be financially beneficial for the cusotmer at least in the first 12 months of their time with NOW TV.

Eveything you've said above is otherwise correct 🙂

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Very useful @Tony-D ta!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Hello, there are no thick questions on this forum. 😉

You cancel and renew your pass whenever you like. You can also add all the other passes to your combo and cancel them anytime. 🙂

@caseyb1993 I would also agree with your answer, especially when I read the terms of the Combo which seem todefinitely suggest passes can be cancelled anytime you want.however when I queried this with both the Combo team and the staff on here at the time they both told me that you had to have at least one type of monthly pass active on your account, otherwise it wasn't a 'combo'. So if you signed up to the combo with an ents pass, you could change to cinema, but you couldn't just cancel the ents and have broadband and calls on its own.

Now the system has changed to online cancellation I wonder if it would let you cancel all your passes and still carry on billing you just for broadband and calls, and I still think my reading of the terms should allow this, but I've not actually tried it myself. Have you?

I'd definitely be interested to know if the system lets you do this now, and whether NOW TV are now happy for a combo to just be broadband and calls without any passes.