cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Provisioning Problems

Hi all. I'm just here for a bit of a rant and hopefully some advice.

I signed up for the NOWTV combo deal on 4th March and was told that my service would go live yesterday (20th). I was previously with Sky and when I cancelled with them I was told that they would turn my phone and broadband off on the 18th. I questioned this with NOW TV and was told that it wouldn't be turned off and that an "in service transfer" would take place on the 20th. All through this, in My Account, it has stated (and in fact still does) that my service will go live on the 20th.

Well, at 23:59 on the 18th, Sky disconnected me. I spoke to a NOW TV adviser on the 19th and was told that my phone line would go live on the 20th but there was an issue with provisioning the broadband. The person I spoke to could not tell me what the problem was, but did state it would still go live on the 20th.

Needless to say, I still have no phone or broadband. I have spoken to several advisers in an attempt to get an answer as to what the issue is, and a definitive go live date, only to be told that my case had been referred to the mysterious "Tier 2" team on the 20th, not the 19th like I was originally told, and that they would contact me after 72 hours. That means I will be without phone or broadband for at least 4 days, with no guarantee that I will get it anytime soon.

I was told today that the usual "provisioning" problem is a lack of room in the street cabinet. However, I already had a phone line and active fibre connection from said cabinet, so how can that be? I am VERY unhappy and frustrated with the fact that I can not get an answer as to what the problem is. This should have been a simple switch from Sky to NOW TV (essentially the same company!!!) but it has resulted in a complete farce. I will be requesting a refund of the set up fee in due course as I am certainly not getting what I paid for!!

Anyway, rant over. Has anyone else had similar problems with their transfer? Can somebody from the secretive "Tier 2" team get back to me? Can somebody escalate this and get me an answer? I doubt it, but I need to try....

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've finally managed to speak to a very helpful lady in customer services who has checked for me and there is a note from OpenReach stating that there has been a problem provisioning the service "due to unexpected behaviour". She has also promised to call me back later this evening to let me know if there have been any further updates.

I still don't understand why I have gone from a perfectly functioning phone line to one that behaves unexpectedly, but at least I know this is nothing to do with NOW TV. It would have been nice to have this level of customer service right at the start though!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Day 16, and STILL no phone or broadband!!!