cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor WiFi Signal In Rooms Away From the Hub

Hi,

I have had NowTv installed on the 10th, however I find that my signal is significantly poorer in the bedroom. I only live in an apartment so the signal does not have far to travel however I struggle to watch things on Netflix when I’m not in the living room.

Do you offer WiFi Signal Boosters at all?

Thanks,

Vikki
6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

You might want to look at how busy the WiFi channel is. @Anonymous User there are apps on Google play that you can use in the first instance.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi VL

Following on from 4268's advice, you can buy wi-fi extenders from Amazon which are specifically made to extend your wi-fi signal to hard to reach places in your home.

However, I cannot recommend any particular make or model because I do not use such a device myself.

Still, if you're a novice with such things then I would suggest that you see what is on offer in Amazon UK and then see if there are reviews on YouTube for the particular item that catches your eye.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy it might be with a few changes in a flat you can get adequate WiFi.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User

Hi 4268

I agree with you to a certain extent but, from my own personal experience, I've found that my own wi-fi signal works better horizontally, through a ceiling/wooden floor, rather than vertically, through brick walls.

In other words, my wi-fi signal works better in upstairs rooms than it does with rooms on the same floor level. If I had devices requiring a strong wi-fi signal in other rooms on the same floor level as my modem router I would definitely get an extender.

So I'm saying that if Vikki needs her wi-fi signal to reach difficult areas of her home, after concluding her testing and repositioning, then she should also not rule out an extender.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help everyone 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi Guys

I have just notice a glaring error in my post above but, I'm sure, those who have read it will auto-correct this error.

Anyway here it is, I originally wrote the following:-

"....I've found that my own wi-fi signal works better horizontally, through a ceiling/wooden floor, rather than vertically, through brick walls." 

However, what I meant to write:-

"....I've found that my own wi-fi signal works better vertically, through a ceiling/wooden floor, rather than horizontally, through brick walls." 

Sorry about that.

UK Bob