cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv Router Manage Connected Devices

A few months ago I was able to log in to Router Advanced Settings and see all connected devices, curent and historic.  For each device I was able to apply access control time limits, specifying a time range for each day of the week.  This meant I could control when my son was able to go online with his Xbox and phone etc. Worked perfectly and all was good.  I wanted to tweak the settings but could not remember router admin pasword.  I had no option to take nuclear option and reset to default settings.

Now I cant find the manage connected device options at all. Has the GUI/Router Control interface been changed? All I see now is some dumped Wireless Device Access List with Access Control list.  But it is all or nothing and ONLY for wireless access so wouldn't work for Xbox which has a wired connection. Also no option to manage access by day and time peridos in day.

Has all the day/period access control for connected devcies been removed or am I not looking in right place?    

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us i'm not sure if its the same thing that your looking for however when you sign in to the Now TV HUB setting page and once your logged in and click on Security then there will be a drop down menu with 5 options the one to the far right will say Schedule and here you can set Days/Times for the internet to be diabled. These are the only options available through the settings.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I just joined NowTV internet club. What I am after is probably what the person is asking about, which is control of internet time for the particular device. And I can't see it, which is bit crap, as I need this feature to control time spent on the internet by my kids, without having to disable every device in the household. I thought it's kind of basic feature. Also where I can't block the device from accessing my router?

Thanks,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Is there any way I can control the traffic of the devices who are using my router? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

? Anyone she'd any light

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it not time NOWTV listened to its customers and dealt with this issue???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

You can see the connected devices under Maintenance >> Attached Devices.

To add firewall rules by schedule, add a firewall rule under Security >> Firewall Rules, and select allow by schedule.

Then add the schedule under Security >> Schedule

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Mike for your reply but it is not what customers, including myself, are needing to read. It is to have total control of what we pay for and as it used to be given and is with other providers. This is 2019, they landed man on the moon when I was a kid and I'm nearly 59, and yet Now TV cannot even manage a simple task of giving control on an internet package???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll be blunt and upfront ....

I despise, detest & dislike ISP provided routers. With a passion.

They do not want anyone blocked, ever. It's bad for business. Theirs.

Just joined nowTV and unfortunately using their hub2. As expected, it's ###### poor regards control.

Over the course of the week I'll be looking into blocking access from connected devices and will report back. I'm hoping that setting firewall rules for IPv4 & IPv6 will garner the desired effect to block my kids devices when I want .... and not what nowTV want.

It'll be painful as the GUI on the hub2 seems as awkward and useless as the rest of the ISP's but I'll try.

I'm super cynical about this as I'm used to Cisco kit which all use a (gasp) CLI .... but they are super configurable and do what I want them to do !!

ok, as the great man said, I'll be back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm back    😋

Blocking Devices:

If you want to use firewall rules:

you have to set up rules for both IPv4 and IPv6 .... yeesh

I found it simpler to turn off IPv6 connectivity completely and then set up a firewall rule to block a device by it's IPv4 address

There is an inherent problem with this ....

in the (outbound services) drop-down menu, called "Service", for what type of traffic to block, there is an option for "Any (ALL)" which blocks all outbound traffic.

All good you would imagine ? Yes ? err, NO

So the first rule I created I chose Any(ALL) but when creating a second rule, the Any(ALL) entry disappears from the damned list ... wtf ???? honestly, wtf ?

with the Any(ALL) option missing means you then have to start choosing specific traffic types .... most people will have no clue as to what these traffic types even refer too.

Wholly unacceptable, imho.

Any(ALL).JPGAny(ALL) second rule.JPG