cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now to broadband wifi connection weak

We have recently set up our now tv FIBRE. However the signal strength is really poor, our cameras in our house are running at 34% strength which is dramatically delaying them. We had standard broadband before so I thought fibre would be a lot stronger 😕 Also when running 3 wifi devices (i.e. 3 iPads) it's struggling a lot.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to the forum. This is strange however it sounds like the wireless connections on your HUB are the problem. Their is a few things that can be done to help improve this one of these is changing the wireless channels. If you try the following

Open a internet browser. On a laptop would be best. And type into the URL 192.168.0.1 which will take you to the Router status page.

• Click on Wireless and it will ask you to sign in
  • Username is (admin)
  • Password is (nowtv) and sign in
  • Click on wireless again and scroll down to wireless channels.
  • Here you can change the the channel that is currently selected there willbe 13 channels to choose normally 1,3,6 and 11 are the best however if you live in a populated area these can be overused and cause WI-FI issues. We would recommend trying each channel at different timess of the day until you get one that works best as each one can eithe rmake your connection better or worse depending on many others are using the same channel It can take 10 minutes for each channel to kick in and work fully for you also. If after this you are still having issues we would advise to call the combo tech team who can look at other ways to resolve your issues.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That reply still doesn't deter from the fact that the wifi antenna in the router are crappy and not good

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

@Anonymous User wrote:

That reply still doesn't deter from the fact that the wifi antenna in the router are crappy and not good

The antenna is as good as most HUBS/Routers as with anything wireless it can come down to a lot of factors if you receive poor signal i.e Position of the HUB and obstacles in your home. and a number of other things. If you are having issues and the steps provided above does not help then contact the combo team who can investigate the issue further.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really?

As good as an ASUS RTN-* Model Router or a Netgear NightHawk Router?

I think not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I did say most not all. If your having issues or your not happy with the services then contact the combo team and we can discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No issues as such.

Just know through my own testing that the wifi strength is poor - plugging in another router in AP mode increases the wirelesss strength instantly.

And yes I've also used various wifi channel analyzers/diag tools on various phones, laptops, tablets which also confirm the poor signal strength of the built-in antenna.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just installed Now TV router and TV box into our 2 bedroom flat. The signal does note reach two of the rooms. What can be done to boost the signal?

this is a small flat with almost line of sight and we still cannot get the signal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm, as above try these steps to improve the signal

Open a internet browser. On a laptop would be best. And type into the URL 192.168.0.1 which will take you to the Router status page.

• Click on Wireless and it will ask you to sign in
  • Username is (admin)
  • Password is (nowtv) and sign in
  • Click on wireless again and scroll down to wireless channels.
  • Here you can change the the channel that is currently selected there willbe 13 channels to choose normally 1,3,6 and 11 are the best however if you live in a populated area these can be overused and cause WI-FI issues. We would recommend trying each channel at different timess of the day until you get one that works best as each one can eithe rmake your connection better or worse depending on many others are using the same channel It can take 10 minutes for each channel to kick in and work fully for you also. If after this you are still having issues we would advise to call the combo tech team who can look at other ways to resolve your issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot get to this status page via an iPad?