cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart - Sound Issue

Hi,

I'm a new Now TV Combo customer and I've been using the Now TV Smart box for a few days while I wait for my new broadband to go live. The box seems to work well, and I've had no problems with the apps so far, but I am having a problem with the sound when watching the free view channels.

The sound is fine most of the time, but then seems to 'fade' away, goes totally silent for a couple of minutes, then 'stutters' back into life. It's only done this a couple of times, but I didn't want to leave it too long incase it's an issue with the box.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi and welcome to the fourm

the freeview channels more than likely would not be a box issues, it would be more to do with the aerial being used, have you tried re scanning the channels to see if that helps ? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Never noticed any issues on my smart box with regards to sound from the Freeview channels.

Maybe disconnect and reconnect all cables on the smart box and see if there is any difference.

Perhaps, try a re scan of the Freeview channels, also have a play around with the Audio HDMI options in the box menu settings.

Also maybe try a forced software update on the box and lastly if everything else fails try a factory hard reset by going into the box menu settings by selecting System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've used the same aerial with a BT Vision box for over 2 years, so I can't imagine it's that.

I've re-scanned the free view channels and set the HDMI audio mode manually, rather than having it on Auto, so I'll see if this solves the problem.

I've checked for software updates but my box has the latest version installed already.

I've checked all the cable connections, they're all solid.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What it could be is some programmes have and use different sound broadcasts. Dolby, Stereo and others. Depending on your settings it may change
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All, 

I'm still having issues with this, and have tried the suggestions here as well as many others and I'm still having the following problems:

Sound will occasionally drop out in the middle of a program without me touching ANYTHING. The video contines to play, but the sound can judder or stop completely. This happens eithe on Live TV or web content eg NowTV app, iPlayer etc. 

Sometimes, if I pause Live TV, it won't play again. I have to turn the Now TV box off an on again before it will work. 

All in all, I'm really disappointed with the TV service from Now TV since I joined. The broadband is fine, but the TV is appaling!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to this, I'm using an ethernet cable to connect to the Now TV hub, and I'm getting around 18mbps on the broadband at the time of writing this.