cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to now TV Help! No Internet Connection

I'm new to now TV so bare with me if I sound stupid. Connected everything up this morning ( 8am ) as today is my activation date. Everything fine except no internet connection ( smily face on hub not lit up ) so can't connect to WiFi or TV. How long does it take to fully connect? I was under the impression it was instant! I called now TV this morning and was told it could take up to midnight to connect ??
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm new to now TV so bare with me of I sound stupid. Connected everything up this morning ( 8am ) as today is my activation date. Everything fine except no internet connection ( smily face on hub not lit up ) so can't connect to WiFi or TV. How long does it take to fully connect? I was under the impression it was instant!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

To be honest, you've got me a tad confused here as you have posted your question in the "White Box" (The original NowTV box) section.

Are you waiting for Broadband activation as a NowTV "Combo" user?  If you have a hub with a smiley face on it, that sounds like the Sky Hub that I have and the face lights up in white when you have internet connection and in orange when there is none or there is some problem.

Until you get connected, you won't get internet or NowTV so if you have been dealing with NowTV over this, a quick line or two on the "Live Chat" area of this site will put you through to somebody who may be able to help you.  Once you have internet connection and have signed in, then your Now TV box connects to your Hub via wi-fi (Or Ethernet cable, if you wish) and just works!

As I say, have a word over on live chat, or if you are getting broadband from another company (e.g. Sky) then give them a ring and ask what is going on as if today is your activation day, then you should be up and running by now.

Sorry that I can't be of more help but I hope that you get sorted very soon.

Good luck and all the best. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Apologies! I'll post in a different forum
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It looks like the mods have moved this thread over to the "Combo" section from the "White Box" area but you have already done a re-post in the right place so that folk can help you better.  @Andy has given you some good advice and it looks like it's a case of waiting for something to happen.....Things seem to take forever when you are hanging about don't they?  Still, not much longer and you should be sorted.....When you are, come back and tell us what you think and if you have any questions, there will always be somebody on here that will have a go at helping you.

Take care and all the best. Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The switchover will be anytime during the day, particularly if it involves Openreach work at the exchange or roadside cabinet. If you had broadband with another provider already then you can plug their router back in and it should carry on working until the point where the changeover starts to take place. Once your old broadband stops working you can set up your new hub and it should connect within a while (you can also try rebooting it every half hour or so). If it gets to knocking off time 7pm-ish and you're still not connected then give the NOW TV Combo Team another call and they can update you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks! No broadband before now just a BT phone line and I've switched everything over to now TV ( phone and broadband ) I've not had any other broadband before so all new to me! Thanks for your help
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks! No broadband before now just a BT phone line and I've switched everything over to now TV ( phone and broadband ) I've not had any other broadband before so all new to me! Thanks for your help

Yeah @Anonymous User, @Andy is correct in this instance. If you'd like to report back here or give us a call around 7ish PM then we'd be happy to see what's going on an get the issue sorted for you. Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Tony will keep an eye on it and call back if still no internet connection​Sarah
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All working now thanks guys!