cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last minute delay in going live >:(

Was all set to go live on Fri 24th March, just moved house so no broadband connected and previous tenant left property two weeks ago. No Hub arrived by then and at 4.30 on Friday I received a text saying there was a delay in going live but they would get in touch again on 30/03?!! Rang on Sat morning and spoke to an utterly unhelpful person who blathered on about a "third party" issue, which after pressing him further, I deduced that there was a problem at the base in sending the actual hub out. This made no sense and when I asked why, he was obstructive and started getting impatient with me. He couldn't give me any information that was actually useful, including a delivery or live date. Meanwhile, I'm eating up my 4G trying to sort out other aspects of my move. If this is their treatment of new customers I'm tempted to cancel and just go with Plusnet and Netflix.

Should I hang on for 30th or cut my losses and try another provider?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

P.S. Been checking Track my Order every day since and still says they are getting the kit ready. 😡
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User that's not great. @Simon-J is one of the forum managers. Hopefully he can get this escalated for you.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I think it's the unapologetic attitude that's annoyed me the most!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just rang to chase this up and discovered that whoever I spoke to on Sat failed to pass a report to the elusive Tier 2 team, which means I've waited 72 hours for nothing. Now been told that the delay is because an engineer needs to check the line. Asked what has actually been done since I placed the order 8 days ago and was informed that I was sent a text! Yes, I know, I received that!!! What actual actions have been done to set up my live date? Could not provide that info.

Have asked for escalation of this as I'm not happy about waiting yet another 72 hours just to get a phone call that may or may not finally inform me of a live date. Disgusted with customer service as a brand new customer - it does not fill me with confidence in NOW TV's ongoing service and I'm glad this is contract free as I can't see me sticking with this lot for long.

Ref number (not given on Sat) is 778635201. @Simon-J, can you advise?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the delay. I've asked someone from our broadband team to have a look at this for you - you should receive a reply soon.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User We have looked at your details and have passed them on to Openreach for further investigation. As soon we have an update we will contact you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now had an email to say I won't go live until 13 April - so that's three weeks from the original date and no satisfactory explanation as to why.  I want to cancel my order but it appears that I cannot do this now the box is on order and will be expected to return it when it finally arrives instead. 

Not happy - I want to cancel the order today and get a refund on the setting up fee.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My phone and broadband were due to go live on the 20th March. I'm still waiting Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ordered mine on 28th April told me order accepted and ok but can't give me live day spoken on live chat and was no helps