Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: LG smart TV brought from Australia to UK

Hi @Maria1959

Hopefully LG customer support will help.

Bit of a long shot have you gone into the LG TV option menu and factory re set the TV, then connect a TV aerial directly to the back of the LG TV and try a automatic re tune of TV channels (worth a try).

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maria1959 TV manufacturers usually sell their TVs in worldwide regions, I would expect an Australian TV to only give you the choice of other Asian/Asian Pacific countries, and as UK and Australia are on different standards leaving it set to Australia won't work if you connect an aerial directly to the TV.

However both the NOW TV Smart Box or a dedicated Freeview set-top receiver will work. If you are only without broadband in the short term then the NOW TV Smart Box may suit (as mentioned you'd need to take it to a friend or family with broadband to set the box up initially) but if you don't intend to have broadband then you'll find it a lot easier to exchange it for a dedicated set-top Freeview receiver, otherwise you'll be needing broadband every time the NOW TV box needs resetting or updating.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maria1959 you should be able to get freeview on the smart box without broadband. I have done here in past so it is definitely possible.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

Maria1959
Mentor

Hi,

Just to let you know that your suggestions helped! We connected to the internet to set a box, and after we can use a free to air channels without a broadband. But wait 🙂 Now, the other issue we are experiencing is lack of BBC channels; channels are there but show lack of signal or are very poor quality. Any thought on it, if I may ask? Other channels, like E4, work fine.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maria1959 try an aerial booster. If indoor aerial try adjusting angle. Finally turn off anything not needed such as microwave as these can interfere.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

0 Thanks