cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb64
Scholar 2

Just A Thought

Just a thought if you could just get the broadband and calls package if you already had a NOW TV box etc.

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sb64  yes no reason you couldn't.  In fact you could use the other box for a second television.  You would just need to check your eligibility to see if you are in a Now area. That is one selling point Now miss "free" multi room (just pay for the device)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sb64

Sort of.

You can't get the broadband and calls package on its own, you have to buy it as part of a Combo package, which means you would need to choose at least one type of NOW TV pass to be included as part of the combo. However you can cancel the pass you have chosen at any time before the next monthly billing date if you don't wish to continue paying for it as part of the combo, and you would then in future months just be billed for broadband and calls.

Bear in mind if you are planning on signing up for 12 months you are likely to find a cheaper broadband and calls package by going elsewhere.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Can you cancel the pass that you have as part of the Combo package?  I know that you can change the pass you have anytime you like, but I thought that you still had to have a pass.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM

Cheers Daryl, you are right. I've queried it with the broadband team and they agree with you that whilst you can change from one pass type to another you can't cancel the pass altogether and just carry on paying for broadband and calls, so a customer couldn't easily just use NOW TV and as broadband and calls provider on its own. 

The terms are ambiguous though, as they say that 

You may cancel your chosen NOW TV Pass at any time after your Activation Date and before your next month is due, regardless of what Plan you are on. Your NOW TV Broadband and Calls Service will continue unless cancelled in accordance with this Contract.

After your Activation Date, you may cancel the NOW TV Content Service taken as part of your Combo at any time.

If you cancel the NOW TV Pass taken as part of your NOW TV Combo , then you will lose your offer pricing and your NOW TV Broadband and Calls Service will revert to the then current pricing for that service unless cancelled in accordance with this Contract. (13.2&3)

which I interpretated as the broadband and calls element could continue after the pass element was cancelled. Maybe the 'in accordance with this contract' clause means that continuation of broadband and calls never happens, or maybe they are providing for the possibility of this in the future.

Or thirdly maybe I'm just not very good at interpreting legal speak! 😉

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

After your Activation Date, you may cancel the NOW TV Content Service taken as part of your Combo at any time.

If you cancel the NOW TV Pass taken as part of your NOW TV Combo , then you will lose your offer pricing and your NOW TV Broadband and Calls Service will revert to the then current pricing for that service unless cancelled in accordance with this Contract. (13.2&3)

@Andy That does indeed make it sound as if you can cancel any NOW TV Passes (or 'Content Service') which you started with the Combo.  Plus, the Combo is advertised as no contract, so you'd think the passes would be no contract - separate from the broadband and calls.  But I guess taking them together is why it's called Combo.

It would be nice to be able to turn all passes on and off as required.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM maybe it's something they are planning but the backend isn't up to it yet, who knows! It would be good to keep the passes contract free all the time, as that's always been NOW TV's USP over Sky TV, and I suppose the 'combo discount' would act as the incentive to not cancel the pass, but we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @DarylM@Andy

So if a customer chooses to join the Combo they have to take everything so BB/WLR/Calls and a Package.

If a customer did not want to continue with any element of the above then the would loose everything associated with the Combo , as you mentioned Combo is Combo for a reason.

We have no plans to allow customers just to take WLR/BB/Calls with us as a Stamdalone product, TV has to be part of the combo.

However if customers don't want our BB/WLR/Calls then they can have NOW TV oldie style 🙂