cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to transfer?

Got the NowTv combo on a monthly contract, all is good but the wifi on the router is shocking, as such I am thinking I am glad I have a 30 day contract and switching. But having got used to the NowTV channels, is it possible to go from NowTV to Sky Q?

I also understand I can not use my own router, and whilst I know this is Sky all over, when you were getting 80/20 before but get less than that now on the same line you have to wonder if Sky's network is up to it. 

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can leave Now and move to Sky but you would need to do it via the Sky side. Who were you with before? Just remember that your broadband speed is limited by the speed the open reach line can support.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, 

I was with BT infinity getting full 80/20 speed. I get full sync now but the wireless is rubbish and I can't use my own router. I might just dump the Sky network all together. I am on a no contract option. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User silly question but have you asked Now to do a speed check. If you could get infinity via BT you should be able to get fibre via Now. Check they have you on the right tariff.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User silly question but have you asked Now to do a speed check. If you could get infinity via BT you should be able to get fibre via Now. Check they have you on the right tariff.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, sometimes I do get over 70mbps but it's rare as the wifi is rubbish - Even when I connect to the hub via Ethernet I get variying speeds. I am sure it's because the router is garbage. I have heard Sky don't allow you to use another router either so they are out too.

I have a Talk Talk business line - I use a BIllion 8800NL on that but I was hoping to use this router on the NowTV line and use my TTB supplied router for them. I have 2 lines. I paid £44 to activate NowTV and I now need to pay £49 to migrate to someone else because its not seen on any database. 

All Sky need to do is give customers the option to use thier own gear, that's all. Seems too simple to even consider. 

What I can't seem to get my head around is that when I go to Plusnet and put in my NowTV phone number, I am told I am with Plusnet already!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could pick up a Sky Q Hub on a well known auction site and see if the wi-fi improves.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, 

I left NowTV a few months back - they cocked up my billing and then also my service so they cut me off (but still continue to ###### it up)

My account says I must pay -£1.08, but that actually means they must pay ME £1.08! - they have no idea what they are doing.

will never return. 

The legal options are more hassle than the others!