cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to connect coaxial cables?

We previously had sky, which required two cables to be screwed into the back of the sky box.

The nowtv box requires on push connection.

I've bought a female to make connector, but as I'm only connecting one cable to the back of the NowTV box it doesn't seem to like it.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you had a Sky box this would suggest that your two screw cables are 'F-plugs', which would have connect to a satellite dish!

The NOW TV 'smart' box requires a TV aerial/antenna (not satellite) connection. Do you have a TV aerial @Anonymous User?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you had a Sky box this would suggest that your two screw cables are 'F-plugs', which would have connect to a satellite dish!

The NOW TV 'smart' box requires a TV aerial/antenna (not satellite) connection. Do you have a TV aerial @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a solution to this? I have the same problem. Had sky before so not sure how to connect the box. The aerial point is too far away to connect to.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can't work the Now box using the Sky signal. It is a different type of signal to Freeview. Unfortunately you will either need a longer coaxial from your aerial or an indoor aerial.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.