cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home hub is crap

I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AaronR1 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password

@Anonymous User

Hi

If you are using a third party router we would not have the login information for that

For a NOWTV router go to 192.168.0.1

Login using

Username: admin

password: nowtv

and try changing the wireless channel

let us know how you get on

Thanks

Aaron

He is asking for the ISP connection username and password.

With an ADSL and FTTC connection, there is a connection username and password that autenticates you onto the network to give you the internet connectivity.

This is not the Admin username and password for the router - this is completely different.

For example, BT use the following for their HomeHubs:

Username: [email removed]

Password: BT

However if this is a Fibre connection then the T's and C's with SKY is that you use only their own kit - so I think the same would apply to NowTV as well

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad it's helped you. I agree the Sky Q/Hub 2 router works much better for me as well, hopefully the older Hub is being put into retirement now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased a Sky Q hub from ebay, won it for £12. Reset it plugged it in and now have a cracking Router with dual band wifi and fast ethernet.

Because it does MER it work staright out the box.

Chuffed

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello, please can you explain what MER is and how to reset a Sky Q hub.
Nick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I did that too and got the Sky ER110 for £11 off the bay after mine started to go wonky.  It's working great - significantly superior wifi signal on 2.4GHz and has 5GHz too!   Only issue I'm worried about is if it will still get a firmware update.  I guess this really depends if the updates are offered for what they think we have or what they see us connecting with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add my ER110 got the latest firmware version the other day 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the authentication sky uses for its routers, rather than a user name and password. As for the hub, you press the factory reset button on the rear of the router, whilst powered up.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Hub is absolutely crap, Wifi average speed was about 2-5Mbs only! 

After some studies, I decided to buy a Brand New Sky Q Hub ER115UK for GBP25 on Ebay. Its working well with Now broadband! Zero trouble and Wifi Speed boost up to 20 to 27 Mbs.