Occasional Poster

Re: Home hub is crap

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/181010/sponsors/mS1oBYZvKM5T8GgPXc6 please sign this petition to get the internet provider to release ppp username and passwords so we all can access the internet with the third party router
Occasional Poster

I have set up a TP-Link router and used the serial number of the NOWTV hub to connect. It works. Only problem is I cannot view any web sites as I get DNS errrors. I have used the DNS settings as per the NOWTV hub but it still does not work. Any ideas?

Occasional Poster

I know that Sky moved from password based to port based authorisation a while back, and so by extension I think this means that NowTV did too. I think the user / pass would be effectively ignored in any event - your authentication is the physical connection in the exchange. There were a number of threads on how to easily get your pass for Sky customers back in the days when it was relevant, I think you can just fill the pass any old c*rp and it should work.

First Poster

I manage to get the DSL up with bt homehub 5a with custom firmware - lede project. all okay but no uplink as stated before.. did anyone sort out the DNS ?

Occasional Poster

I purchased a Sky Q hub from ebay, won it for £12. Reset it plugged it in and now have a cracking Router with dual band wifi and fast ethernet.

Because it does MER it work staright out the box.

Chuffed

Occasional Poster

Hello, please can you explain what MER is and how to reset a Sky Q hub.
Nick

Highlighted
Occasional Poster

It's the authentication sky uses for its routers, rather than a user name and password. As for the hub, you press the factory reset button on the rear of the router, whilst powered up.
First Poster

NowTV Hub is absolutely crap, Wifi average speed was about 2-5Mbs only! 

After some studies, I decided to buy a Brand New Sky Q Hub ER115UK for GBP25 on Ebay. Its working well with Now broadband! Zero trouble and Wifi Speed boost up to 20 to 27 Mbs.