cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home hub is crap

I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AaronR1 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password

@Anonymous User

Hi

If you are using a third party router we would not have the login information for that

For a NOWTV router go to 192.168.0.1

Login using

Username: admin

password: nowtv

and try changing the wireless channel

let us know how you get on

Thanks

Aaron

He is asking for the ISP connection username and password.

With an ADSL and FTTC connection, there is a connection username and password that autenticates you onto the network to give you the internet connectivity.

This is not the Admin username and password for the router - this is completely different.

For example, BT use the following for their HomeHubs:

Username: [email removed]

Password: BT

However if this is a Fibre connection then the T's and C's with SKY is that you use only their own kit - so I think the same would apply to NowTV as well

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi

If you are using a third party router we would not have the login information for that

Login using

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AaronR1 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi

Login using

Thanks

Aaron

He is asking for the ISP connection username and password.

With an ADSL and FTTC connection, there is a connection username and password that autenticates you onto the network to give you the internet connectivity.

This is not the Admin username and password for the router - this is completely different.

For example, BT use the following for their HomeHubs:

Username: [email removed]

Password: BT

However if this is a Fibre connection then the T's and C's with SKY is that you use only their own kit - so I think the same would apply to NowTV as well

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys

You can use your own router I have just posted i nanother artical, you need a decent router of course that supported fibre VDSL2 then yo ucan extract username & password from there. Take note when using your own and you come into problems they will not support you. You will need to plug back in there router. If you have connection problems for example with your own try plugging there's back in and see if the issue is still there if so then problem there end or line.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

to find the adsl username and password for the Nowtv hub two box (using a windows PC with wired LAN connection) download the sky credentials extraction tool from here: 

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/59028-simple-tool-extracting-username...

Also download the PDF instructions and follow these, although this is for a sky hub it works for the nowtv hub 2!

install the programme and follow the instructions (set the nowtv hub to WANOE and use the RH LAN port), after the programme has installed you need to run Sky Credentials Extractor from the start menu in windows (dos box will open) - the Password and username it extracts should then be used on the new ADSL moden you want to use!

Alk2
Scholar

But what connection type do you use?

I understood that with ADSL you could not use say PPPOA. Therefore, it made it very difficult to use an alternative router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the adsl home hub lacks features (only 2 lan ports, no USB port etc...) and it doesnt get good reviews, my existing Talk talk router (HG533) was used, just changed the user name and password at the "connection" page and it just worked! I am sure this router is PPPoE?

The username is always 7050afc186e0@nowtv but the password (HEX-DEC) differs from router to router I understand this is to lock you to the now TV router, which obviously makes life a lot easier for them if something goes wrong!

The HG533 is a bit long in the tooth but it is still faster than the Hub2 and can have upto 4 ssids, two of which I have setup for special WiFi devices, plus I use the USB port for network storage.

Also I couldnt see how to disable the WPS and password on the hub2, (a security weakness).

Alk2
Scholar

Thank you for that. Yes, the HG533 does appear to be PPPoE.

Just so that you know, it is possible to disable WPS on the nowtv hub2. There is a tickbox "Enable WPS" under Wireless and under the "Wireless Access Point" heading for both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you walk me through how did this? Please it will be highly appreciated 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the username and password but some where I cannot get it connected through the third party router I am not sure if I am missing something I got the username and password though wireshark