cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has the upload on NowTV fibre broadband been docked to 7.5Mbs ?

I don't know if it's a temporary glitch but I was wondering if anyone out there who happen to have NowTV broadband fibre (I'm on the Fab one) have noticed an upload of 7.5Mbs instead of the usual 10Mbs ?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am not with NowTV Broadband, but have BT Fibre and when i signed up three years ago BT checked my line and they quoted that i should have an upload speed of 10 Mbs where in reality my upload speed fluctuates anywhere between 7 to 10 Mbs.

I don't tend to upload much on the internet, downloading speeds are more important to me where i get a good stable high speed connection. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't upload much either but noticed the lower figure whilst doing tests with my new powerline toys, I thought at first it was them creating problems but when I tested from my desktop with an Ethernet cable to the nowtv router it wouldn't budge over 7.5 so I thought that maybe it was by design but tonight it's back up to 9/10 MBA.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i just wondered could anyone confirm what upload speeds i should expect with nowtv fibre 40mb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User "up to" 10Mbps, but will depend on the distance from the green cab to your house and the quality of the cabling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was thinking of going with NowTv,but if 10Mbs is all you get. I will stay with Virginmedia 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

If i'm honest I don't know what the upload speeds are for our broadband options.

However let me find out and I will let you know once I do.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again 🙂

So I have the information on the upload speeds

Brilliant broadband is up to 1 Mbps

Fab Fibre is up to 9.5 Mbps

Super fibre is up to 19 Mbps

However as always these are UP TO speeds, actual speed will vary depending on external factors such as distance from exchange, green cabinet, cabling etc etc etc

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User that's upload (download is 40Mpbs). I believe with Virgin the best you can get is only 12Mbps (and the lower packages have 6 and 3). If you want faster the highest NOW TV package offers 20Mbps (download 80Mbps). Whilst I have very little need to really go above 10, the jump from 2 with TalkTalk to 20 with NOW TV is noticable and makes the home VPN fast enough for my mobile to pretend to be in the house.