cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the hub/router support Wake-on-LAN

Hi,

I would like to order a Now TV package for my brother that includes the telephone & broadband service.

However, does anyone know if the hub/router supports Wake-on-LAN?

I need to start his PC up remotely over the internet but it needs to be supported by the hub/router.

Can't remember what the actual tecnical requirement is but I know Virgin's hub/routers do not support it so a third-party router has to be used but then that goes against the T&Cs.

Thanks very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User pretty sure I was able to send a Wake-on-LAN command from my mobile to my NOW TV Smart Box through my NOW TV Router (but it's possible I'm remembering back to my TalkTalk days).

I've since moved house and no longer have my broadband with NOW TV, so can't test.

Edit. That would be a local wake, searching for "Sky SR101 WOL" brings back this result on the Sky forums http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/SKY-SR101-With-WOL-from-the-internet/td-p/2362567 which suggests it's possible. (The NR101 is just the SR101 with a different logo).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply and help, and aplogies for the delay - not been well!

I hope it is possible although I've seen some conflicting opinions about this router.

After reading a bit more about WOL, I wouldn't be surprised if all network providers' routers didn't have this option as it does leave a door open for attacks.

It's just something that would be useful.

Thanks again.