cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does NOWTV Fibre use Skys network?

Hi,

Does anybody know if NOWTV Fibre uses Skys own network?

Every provider i have used in the past has given me awful ping times when gaming EXCEPT for sky.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. As far as I know it does, you have to be at a Sky-enabled exchange to get it and IP checks show as Sky Broadband. For a definitive answer you're probably best giving the Combo Team a call, who can also check your line and advise what speeds you could expect. You'll find the number on your My Account > My Package page

http://account.nowtv.com/my-package

BicBasher
Elite

If it's like TalkTalk, the telephone is connected via the LLU, while the fibre broadband is BT Wholesale.   (ADSL2+ uses LLU). 

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
pirate0184
Scholar

@Anonymous User After i got an unusually low speed estimate when i look at taking the combo i phoned now tv.I asked why the estimate i got was low and explained that i was currantly with sky and got between 15/17 mbs.

They told me that they use there own network so would not get the speed i get with sky.