cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices

I have upgraded to the new TVs smart box and everything is fine until I come to access a channel. The message is coming up saying I have the maximum of devices however the television is already one of those devices connected to the older tv box
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's not the TV that is the device but the Now TV box.  If you've upgraded to a new box, the old box will still be listed as one of your devices until you remove it.

Either go into My Account > Manage Devices and remove a device to free up a slot, or pop into Live Chat via the Help section.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Is the message coming up when you are trying to watch something in the Now TV app?

If so, sounds like you've reached your device limit. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several. 

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices
and click the Start Live Chat button.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's not the TV that is the device but the Now TV box.  If you've upgraded to a new box, the old box will still be listed as one of your devices until you remove it.

Either go into My Account > Manage Devices and remove a device to free up a slot, or pop into Live Chat via the Help section.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.