cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Combo with Sky Q Router

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am an existing Sky broadband customer just out of contract and was looking for a combo deal to tide me over until Dishless TV next year. The operator assured me the broadband product is exactly the same but that I cant use my existing Q router. Is that really the case? 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am an existing Sky broadband customer just out of contract and was looking for a combo deal to tide me over until Dishless TV next year. The operator assured me the broadband product is exactly the same but that I cant use my existing Q router. Is that really the case? 

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

If you took our broadband service you would need one of our routers for our service to work. 

As Sky and ourselves rent our lines from BT you will get similar speeds with your broadband as long as you go for the same package as you have with sky. For example if you had fibre with them and took ASDL broadband with us you would notice a big difference in speeds as our ADSL broadband offers speeds of up to 20Mbps and our highest package of Super fibre offers speeds of up to 76Mpbs. 

Here is the link to check the avaliablity of our service in your area https://signup.nowtv.com/combo/checker/?p[]=ENTERTAINMENT&p[]=FIBRE_CAPPED&p[]=PAY_AS_YOU_USE 

If there is anything else we can do just message us back 🙂 

Thanks Kymberly Smiley Wink (From The Now TV Team) 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The post by the NowTV Team on this link thread (message 16 of 19) states that you can use a Sky Q Router with their Combo Fibre broadband.

Perhaps the NowTV Team on here can clarify if a Sky Q Router can be used with your Combo package ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Combo/Review-of-the-Now-TV-Combo-Fibre-Broadband-Router/td-p/386789/highlight/true/page/2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just confirming that a SkyQ router works perfectly fine with NowTV fibre

as that is exactly the set up i'm using at present.

Regards

Rob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disappointing that there is still conflicting information coming from NOW tv, thats poor customer service, if in doubt do nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi rob is it easy to set up
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plug one end of the RJ11 connector into your filtered faceplate or filter and the other end into the router.

Power up the Q router and wait for 3 green lights and your away.

There's no setting up required other than the Q router will obviously have it's own Network ID & password so you will need to 'remap' any wifi connections, or change the Network ID and password details of the Q router to the same as the NowTV router and you won't have 'remap' anything.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at another post in this forum and looking at this help page:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/choose-your-hub

It would appear that a rebadged version of the SkyQ router will be available foe NowTV customers some time soon.

I'm guessing that new customers will receive this in the near future and existing customers may be given

the chance to upgrade.

I guess it depends on what the charge is to upgrade compared the the price of a SkyQ hub on a well known

auction website.

Rob