cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband - switch from Virgin

Hello,

I am about to movre  NowTV Fab Fibre but still hesitating.

This is how I use the connection most : The end afternoon is when we are using the most bandwidth on 2 devices : 

1) watching an online movie (on NowTV Movie) and

2)  playing on PS4 with friends online.

Will NowTv Fab Fibre support that usage? Am I making a good move form from Virgin VIVID50 (high speed but is it really necessary)?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

To be honest being on Fibre with Now TV there  should be no reason why this would not work the same as with Virgin as long as there isn't loads of devies connected and every one of them streaming at the same time you will be fine. Also just check the wifi signals as you may just need to adjust the wireless channels on the HUB also to improve your connections.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Eddie,

Thank you for your response. I am always wondering what "several/loads/off/many" devices at the same time means.

Yestrday we had the common usage : Hugo plays online using the PS4; Lou watches a movie on the laptop; and I was trying to make a skype video call with my mum (was a bit broken). This is the max we can/will ever do. Is that "loads" of devices at the same time?

C

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to us @Anonymous User

With the devices that you've mentioned i wouldn't imagine that you would run into any issues. So you should be fine with the fibre service from Now TV.

Cheers

Eddie

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I've found the fibre to be reliable and consistent. It's always difficult on advise on particular cases as a lot depends on your location, location of cabinet, quality of line as well as where you place the hub etc.

The following website provides a useful rough guide to what bandwidth your household might need, and then compare it to what NOW TV can offer you in your area. Bear in mind if you mainly use wifi your devices will receive less bandwidth than using a wired connection, but that's the nature of the beast and the same for every provider.

http://www.homesc.com/estimating-bandwidth-needs

One thing to note is the hub you get doesn't provide the best wifi coverage. It's a single-band router, basically a rebadged version of the one Sky provide. It's adequate, but if you have your router tucked away in a far corner of the house and rely on wifi you might find it lacking compared to the Virgin hub.