cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband - switch from Virgin

Hi,

Possibly a dumb question if I've missed an obvious answer on the website somewhere - but can Now TV broadband be set up using a phone line that is currently on Virgin Media? Or do Now TV need to put in their own line?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as I'm aware you need a BT line.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah. Cheers. Landlord won't let me get another line put in. Never mind!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Information from @Anonymous User is 100% correct in that you'd need a BT landline'

You can, of course, still use basic NowTV packages.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You definitely need a BT line. I have Virgin here and although I could get a BT line, the speed is only ADSL. You may find it is same where you are anyhow. Did you know you can pay Virgin line rental up front?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 I use LRS with Plusnet and I'm happy that they've held the price this year Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

To take the NOW TV Combo you would have to get a NOW TV line put in, you would be able to transfer the number etc over but would require Openreach to visit the property etc.

As the superusers above have said you can always buy a Smart Box and passes and use with your current Virgin service if your unable to switch.

Cheers

Andy

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I use Now in addition to Virgin. It works out much cheaper than Virgin for a second TV and you can take it with you much easier. You won't get as many channels as Virgin. However catch up is better on Now and you get a few channels not available on Virgin. Now is also the cheapest way to get Sky Cinema especially if you buy vouchers.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of interest, has anyone on the forum switched from virgin broadband to now tv combo?  I assume I need a new phone line but is that all arranged as part of taking it up?

Legend 5
Legend 5

I would check if you are in an area that has fibre, if you are with Virgin. I know round here we have Virgin as Open reach lines are not Fibre. If you are not you may notice a decline in broadband performance.