cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband setup fee when already setup?

I currently have a hefty SKY subscription but I am out of the minimum term and will be cancelling shortly.

I am looking at the Now TV combo package but I'm wondering about the setup fee.

Since I will be starting it up before my current subscription ends, would I still be expected to pay a setup fee, I mean, I already have everything so there shouldn't be anything to setup?

I will be going for the same speed fibre broadband and phone package I already have.

I'm afraid with the awful experience I've had with SKY broadband there is not a chance I will pay that setup fee and will choose another provider, otherwise I will continue with SKY for the time being, out of convenience.

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

What would you reckon @Anonymous User? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I currently have a hefty SKY subscription but I am out of the minimum term and will be cancelling shortly.

Since I will be starting it up before my current subscription ends, would I still be expected to pay a setup fee, I mean, I already have everything so there shouldn't be anything to setup?

I will be going for the same speed fibre broadband and phone package I already have.

I'm afraid with the awful experience I've had with SKY broadband there is not a chance I will pay that setup fee and will choose another provider, otherwise I will continue with SKY for the time being, out of convenience.

@Anonymous User

Hi Julie

You'd probably still be charged the setup fee as this charge comes from Openreach for switching the line from Sky to ourselfs

If you contact our combo sales team and discuss the setup fee with them they may be able to offer alternatives

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I was told that that is the setup fee set by Now TV and the charge will be applicable so we will not be going for the combo package and going with a different provider.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well I was told that that is the setup fee set by Now TV and the charge will be applicable so we will not be going for the combo package and going with a different provider.

@Anonymous User

Hi Julie 🙂

The setup fee is set by us but it is due to the charge we get from Openreach for switching or activating your services as we woud have to take over the line rental from your current provider to us this is why the fee is applicable.

We are sorry to hear you have decided to go to another provider but wish you all the best.

Thanks

Kymberly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My point being that SKY is already the provider, the internet and calls would be exactly the same and I wouldn't be switching providers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

My point being that SKY is already the provider, the internet and calls would be exactly the same and I wouldn't be switching providers.

I joined, I have been with them 2 weeks I am cancelling on the day before my next billing date (as advised to do so when I was told about cancellation) 

You dodged a bullet, the Router looks like a ###### cake, and is just as ###### as trying to use one for FTTC!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Julie

You'd probably still be charged the setup fee as this charge comes from Openreach for switching the line from Sky to ourselfs

If you contact our combo sales team and discuss the setup fee with them they may be able to offer alternatives

Thanks

Aaron

Hang on a minute, you ARE Sky! - WHY would BTO charge you for what is a re direct of authentication? If I do a speedtest or test my IP I am on Sky Broadband. 

What a load of tosh!