cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband set to Fat not Super - how do I change?

I just got ,y broadband set up.  I'm paying for super fibre, so should get 52-72Mbps with an "absolute minimum" of 45.  I only get 32Mbps.

i called NowTV and went through a whole load of tests, taking faceplate off main socket etc, but no change.

customer service guy was going to book an engineer, then came out with the "first 10 days" nonsense. I get that the speeds might vary a bit, but it should not be below minimum guaranteed level.

I just realised, though, that my quoted speed is abou 20% off the top of Super Fibre and my actual speed is 20% off Fat Fibre. So I'm assuming now that I'm being throttled to Fat Fibre by mistake. How do I get NowTV (and I suppose BTOpenreach) to realise that and flip the appropriate switch, and not fob me off with the "wait 10 days"?

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you were with your previous supplier what speed were you getting? It may be the line is not capable of super. You should be able to find out speeds available via the BT website. Unfortunately BT open reach are a law unto themselves​, Now and other suppliers don't have control over their infrastructure, they are not customer facing so in my opinion don't have a great level of customer service.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
New House, so no previous experience. But all the checks, and NOW TV app say speed should be 50-70, so I'm fairly sure I've been set to Fat Fibre not Super Fibre by mistake...