cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Service Down

Posting here as don't have opton to post in Service related posts.

I live in Belfast Dundonald/Stormont area.

Enigineering message posted at 6.59am said engineers had arrived at site but due to safety issues unable to access to start fix.  

Can someone look in to it and elaborate please?  Has access been gained and when fix likely?

PS Please don't mention compensation for loss of service.  I was told that by service agent that I get 77p for each days loss of service.  I need regular interent access to run my business from home so I will have to buy mobile wifi plan as a workaround so actual true cost to me will be substantially more. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you go to My Account > My Package on the NowTV website there is a NowTV Combo telephone helpline line for their Broadband customers, perhaps they can give you some further information about the reasons why the engineer couldn't start the work for safety reasons.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I rang it.  They were only able to read out the Engineering team message that I already knew about.

Unable to provide any more details...hence taking a punt at posting here for further insight. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would be surprised if you would get an answer here on the forum, most people here are customers and i doubt any of the NowTV Forum Team employed by NowTV would know or have more information than the NowTV Broadband Team on the dedicated telephone helpline that you rang.

Suppose there is no harm in asking the question though, just in case someone can offer you some further information or assistance.

Sorry i couldn't help any further and good luck getting it sorted out as quickly as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi welcome to the fourm , this is the only update we have at the moment, work is still being done to get everyone up and running again as quickly as possible 

02 August 2017
Cable damage incident Belfast

We experienced an incident earlier this morning (02 August 2017) with a third party power cable explosion damaging our underground network in the Knock exchange area of Belfast. A number of our cables have been damaged, impacting service to end customers including some businesses.

Our teams have been on site since the early hours, working with the Distribution Networks Operator (DNO) establishing the full scale of the damage. However safety concerns have meant there has been restricted access to the site.

We will of course be looking to resolve the situation and have customers back in service as soon as possible, but at this stage we cannot give a full restoration timescale.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Nadine...the update is much appreciated.

Disappointing for everyone involved I'm sure.  Not looking good for quick reslution!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aaargh...broadband down again!

This time cant get an internet connection.  Ran all the fix it checks but still no joy.  Logged on to Router Admin Maintenance and router status is Disconnected.  No Upstream or Downstream connection.  Tried rebooots resets all no joy.  Couple of hours wasted.

Engineer out in the morning which I appreciate is a quick response time and I appreciate that.

Still this level of disruption is proving hard to accept.