cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

1.0 upload speed :/

With now tv broadband, hitting download 18 to 21 mbps, yet my upload speed hits around about 0.8/1.0 mbps... im not very happy with this service, i stream games for a living and the upload speed really is not doing me any good!.. any advice? Or am i going to have to leave now TV? Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User By any chance, have you had the broadband for less than 10 days?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/why-does-my-broadband-speed-vary-in-the-first-ten-days

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for calling you man 🙂 my mistake!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps give the NowTV Broadband Combo Team a call tomorrow and discuss your concerns with them about that you was expecting higher internet speeds to your property ?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

No worries @Anonymous User 🙂

The Lego Batman avatar doesn't really help. 😄

I agree with schnapps, calling the combo team would be a better option for you.

If you don't have the number, click the link and the green contact us button at the bottom.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-speeds-explained

Since you are a combo customer, a phone number will appear. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey man, nope ive had this from january now 🙂 just feels abit low as upload is supossed to be 1/10 of your download speed.. if i was reaching a 1.8/2.1 i would be happy... but 0.8 is just not on , thank you for replying though
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What sort of upload speeds were you getting from your previous ISP before swapping over to NowTV ?

Any idea how far the Green BT cabinet is from your property ?

There some further information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-speeds-explained

BTW - Just to let you know that @caseyb1993 is a female Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would be getting a 3.2 with the other company, but they did not have it in the area of the time of applying for broadband, but now they are in my area 🙂 i am not too far from the box either 🙂

Ooops sorry !!! my mistake 🙂

i just did an internet test also, my results are:

WIFI - DL 10.96 mb/s UL 0.81    Now TV service check  - DL 21.8 mb/s  UL 1.1

Wired - DL 17.39 mb/s UL 0.80  Now TV service check - DL 21.8 mb/s UL 1.1 

How does is this possible?

i am happy with what Now TV provide (customer service ect)  but to give wrong statistics and a very odd Download to upload rate seems very strange?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My connection is a 21.8 at the moment yet upload is 1.1... it should be a 2.18 this is what i do not understand
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am really pleased with all the help you both have given me! Will give them a ring tommorow! 🙂 thank you both very much!