cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Finish Setting Up Your Account"

Got several emails saying I need to finish setting up my account before my broadband goes live, but the link doesn't work, it just sends me to the "My Passes" page of my account. Help!

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You can try live chat, check you are speaking to a broadband advisor when you get on. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Or you could give the broadband team a call, check any emails you've received to see if it includes the number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too.  I have already set up my account, but I've had another email to do so again.  I then just get stuck in a loop asking again to finish set up?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened to me after signing up to fibre...i also got an email saying...

("We're really sorry but we've had to make a change to your order.

We know how annoying this can be and hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble")

i cant find any changes to my order in account & the "Contact Us/Live Chat/Email" page, doesn't seem to work, ive tried this on PC/Tablet/Mobile!

i hope this isn't a bad omen lol.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I also signed up to nowtv fab fibre this Friday and got the same second email saying we had to make changes, where everything looks the same to me as the original email acceptance order nowtv sent me.

The only thing that i noticed was under My Account > Check Service Status that there was red warning message saying "Please make your overdue payment" where my payment details are fine on my nowtv account where i purchased a pass only a few days ago.

I have flagged this up to one of the NowTV Team members and going to wait until the early part of next week to see if anything further happens with delivery of my Hub Two Router.

If you are concerned about the email, then you can always contact the broadband team, where there should be helpline telephone number under My Account > Track My Order or under My Package moving Home.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I went onto the help section and fired off a message explaining what is happening and have asked for clarification that the account is being set up.  It does say that a response should be around 24 hours.  Its gone past that now and no response received so far.

I am getting a bit jittery about this company and hope its not going to be like Talk Talk.

I am hoping though its just an auto e-mail glitch seeing as how its happening to more than just me!!

PS I also had the red bill warning when I investigated my account, but when following it through it said no payment due!!

Gremlins??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you go to My Account on here and under My Messages, Track My Order, My Package is there anything showing that your order for nowtv broadband as been accepted and being processed ?

My email didn't say that i needed to finish my account with a link to follow, where my email like @Anonymous User said they had to make changes to the order (where i couldn't see any changes made on the second email they sent me from the first email order confirmation).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well i'm currently a Sky Broadband Customer at end of contract, ive read that Sky owns Now Tv, so hopefully its a replica service!...i only signed up to Now tv because they are offering (up to) 38mb for £20month, where as Skys deal was 20mb for £20!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a message reply:

Hi ,

Ref: xxxxxx

I understand you have received and email in regards to finish setting up your account. This step has already been completed so you can disregard this email. 

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 03119218.

Thanks,

The NOW TV Team

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thx 4 reply...

Suppose it might be something to do with signing up at weekend?...like wrong emails being sent ect...guessing i'll have to wait & see nearer to time of activation, but will keep checking!