cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv broadband?????

It says don't connect my kit until my phone and broadband goes live. I've not got a phone so HOW WILL I KNOW if its working unless I set it up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Is today the scheduled broadband activation date ?

If so you can plug in your nowtv hub router and see if the three lights on the front of the hub are showing green which means you are active.

Should the internet light show amber then there is still no internet connection yet and i would suggest leaving it a couple of hours and try rebooting the mains power again on the hub.

You can always go to My Account > Track My Order to check the activation process where nowtv do state that it could take up until midnight to go live. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Is today the scheduled broadband activation date ?

If so you can plug in your nowtv hub router and see if the three lights on the front of the hub are showing green which means you are active.

Should the internet light show amber then there is still no internet connection yet and i would suggest leaving it a couple of hours and try rebooting the mains power again on the hub.

You can always go to My Account > Track My Order to check the activation process where nowtv do state that it could take up until midnight to go live. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation day is tomorrow, cant wait. Thanks for the info, will set it up tomorrow morning and every few hours switch it on and off. Cheers
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Tomorrow morning I would leave the hub powered on, then if you don't get the three green lights on the front of the hub after a couple of hours then try rebooting the hub by temporary switching off the power for a minute or so then leave it switched on again for another few hours etc etc.

I would give it until sometime in the evening and if you are still not live go to My Account > Track My Order on here, where  it should show the progress of your activation.

If you go into My Account > Track My Order sometime tonight and click on the drop down arrow below "Broadband and Phone Go Live" or "Self Install" there should be a telephone number and i would suggest write it down on a piece of paper just in case you need to phone the nowtv broadband team towards the end of tomorrow should your broadband doesn't go live. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been to track my order, doesn't even tell me to install the kit even though its today. Been switching the hub off and on all morning, still nothing. Knew I should have gone with bt.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It does say on their help articles that it could take to midnight for your broadband activation to go live Smiley Sad

Give it until sometime towards this evening, then call the broadband team for an update. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its doing something now, internet light is flashing amber. Off out, will see what its like when I get back. Thanks for your help. 😢😠
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well its on and brilliant, been on my ps4 all night. Its uploading at 4mb per second, I don't know if that's good or not for fibre but will give It the 10 days for the line to settle in. I don't know how to check my speed? I don't have a pc
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad your nowtv broadband activation went smoothly and you are up & running Smiley Happy

The download and upload speeds on fab fibre will be dependent on how far the local street cabinet is to your home, the further away the lower the speeds (where my local cabinet is virtually outside my house under 30 m and i am getting about 38mbps down and 9.5mbps up).

More info here about broadband download and upload speeds together how to measure the incoming access line speed and the speed on your devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-speeds-explained