cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

disgust

Apparently NOWTV have activated a phoneline in my property which I don't have, are telling me my bill is overdue for services I don't have and are going to suspend/cancel my services which I have never had in the first place.

WOW, some company huh?

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’ve posted this in the Broadband section, so am I right in assuming that you have NowTV broadband? If so then you do have a landline, because that is how broadband is delivered. You might not have a landline phone, your choice, but broadband = landline using the OpenReach infrastucture.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have a BT or an OpenReach telephone line at home. I only have a virgin line.

I told them about this several times and was even promised an engineer coming out.

No engineer came and according to NOWTV, I have an active line in my house and I am being charged for using their service.

What an ineffective company or branch of Sky?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb

Hi T-Don

I am confused by your postings, in your post you said, "Apparently NOWTV have activated a phoneline in my property which I don't have, are telling me my bill is overdue for services I don't have and are going to suspend/cancel my services which I have never had in the first place".  

So I would ask, if you have no business dealings with Now TV, how could they possibly get your details without you, or someone else, supplying your details.  Now, it is quite possible that someone is trying to perpetrate some sort of fraud, with you as the victim.

At this stage, I can't say whether I have fully understood your problem but I would suggest the following:

1) Send a registered letter to Now TV detailing what they have sent you and the fact that you have no business contact with them, you might as well also say that you believe that a possible fraud may be in progress.

2) Inform the police that you may be the victim of identity theft, etc., a copy of the police report could come in handy if Now TV insist that you owe money for a service you know nothing about.

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is called SARCASM if you didn't get my message.

NOWTv was going to get their services connected at my residence like the contract I signed up for said I was going to be connected. No connections, No phone line in my flat but NOWTv is charging me for a service they claim I have got.

I don't have a phoneline in my flat. I had a virgin phoneline in my flat and NOWTv doesn't use virgin lines.

I am just wondering the line in my flat which NOWTv claims they have activated and is funtioning fine.

Surely they would see and know the router that was sent out to me was connected to their network if it was actually connected right?

Anyway, explains a lot about their services

Steve
Advocate

They just do whatever they like. 

Can't trust any of them with bank details or any details for that fact

RoyB
Legend

@Steve 

First posting, coming up nigh on five years after an anonymous posting from someone who clearly muffed up his transition from Virgin?

As the rules for that differ from within-Openreach transfers.

Who or what rattled your cage?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.