cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router Location

Wondering if someone can help

Joined Now Broadband and so far not impressed. My initial Enineer visit was 18/4. Engineer  (openreach) came but as there was no phone socket as it was cut off the engineer refused to install a new Socket as advised this was not on his Job task. He said he  would need to ring in and ask if he could install a new line as he'd have to bring in the telephone as it was short and install a new socket. He went to make the call and never returned. 

I called Now TV and the scheduled another engineer visit for the 25th. I rang on the 18th and asked them if they would extend the line to my living room. I asked multiple time and he confimed the engineer would put the new socket to choice of location.

Engineer came again and advised he had only been booked for one hour by Now TV therefore could not extend the phone line into my living room where the TV is. I phoned Now broadband whilst the enginneer was there in an attempt they may speak to him and authorise extending the line. They refused. They refused to extend the line full stop. I told them the customer advisor agreed it would be into the living. Supervisor i spoke to said he would listen to the call and call me back. He called me back and said yes the customer service advisor agreed but unfortunatly they cannot book another visit to have it re-located.

Currently the router is in a very odd place. Its in the passage way, near the front door on the floor. I will need to then put my phone on the floor in the passage. Just not practical place to a router and a phone on the floor. I have a son who is 4 years old. He has additional needs so he will playing about with the router and probaably switch off and on all the time. They refusing point blank to get it moved even though its in such an odd place. Who has a router middle of no where.

Not sure what I do. Just a point for others to note when going with Now TV. They dont wanna spend money for another engineer

0 REPLIES 0