cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help !!

Hi all,

I have a NowTV hub two (installed this morning) and a JVC smart tv, but i cant find any clear information about whether I can watch Now TV on that TV.  The online Now TV chat service was evacive and suggested that I just need to figure out how to install an app or buy a smart stick and I'm kind of confused as some information online suggests that Now TV is only watchable on some makes of TV (e.g LG TVs).  So, I am guessing that I cant watch the TV on my TV, particularly as there seems to be no app in the app listings on my TV.

This is not helpful and I'll probably have to cancel as the technical help people seemed unwilling to provide clear answers which makes me think that they are trying to hid the limitations of the service.   

I'd be very, very grateful as I cant get my head around what I have actually signed up to.  In particular, I dont understand what the difference is between a Now TV smart box and  Now TV hub two and whether I should be able to see the service on my tv or not.  I can access it on my laptop but that was not what i was expecting.

Thanks in advance.

mel

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous Userno you can't directly. You need a Now box, stick or other devices. Do you have a Chromecast or PS 4 or X box?

Hub is how you connect to the internet it's the Now broadband router.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I really appreciate it.  I think that you are saying that a hub2 is not the same as the NowTV box.  I thought that it was enough for me to use the service on my tv.  It looks as though i have bought a tv service that I cant watch on a tv, havent I?.  Damn!!  I dont have chromecast or any games consoles.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User yes that's correct it is not a device to watch TV. It's one to connect to the internet. Did you realise that you were changing broadband provider? You can get Now boxes or the stick from places like Tesco, Argos or Currys.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.  

Yes, I did know that i was changing broadband provider.  I wanted to replace virgin with something cheaper as I wasnt getting all the freeview channels with that service, so it felt really expensive.  I picked Now Tv, because Uswitch suggests it was a good value package for the price given the extra 15 channels that uswitch states that you get ...... so I feel quite mislead that this has turned out to not be the case.  I would have picked another provider if i knew that tv channels are not available on a tv without extra products/costs that were not listed.  This really sucks, but on the positive side, its my birthdy in  41 minutes.

M

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User happy birthday. It used to be the case it came with a smart box so uSwitch might be out of date. The stick is £15 on it's own on the Now site. Here is link to Now products on Amazon . http://www.argos.co.uk/search/now-tv/category:33016251/opt/sort:price/. You can get them with passes eg cinema if you don't have that.
There are not 15 live channels on the entertainment pass, there are 12. Some are only on demand.