cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV & Philips Hue

A couple of things,

• Can you see the DHCP table on the NowTV Hub Two - if so how? Found that now!
  • has anyone got a Philips Hue Bridge to connect to the internet using the Hub Two - again, if so, how?

thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You can view IP allocations by logging into your router and going to Maintenance > Attached Devices.

Don't know much about Philips Hue but doesn't the bridge just connect to the router via Ethernet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I did find the attached devices tab hidden away thanks 😄

The Hue bridge worked on my old router but won't connect on this one, it can be a bit odd sometimes but I'll keep digging.

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you still have trouble might be worth either searching or posting on Sky's forum. There aren't many broadband users on this forum, but the Hub 2 is just a rebadged Sky Q router so you may get more answers over there

http://helpforum.sky.com

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give it a go, thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I got it sorted, I had a hard coded IP address on the Hue bridge from my old broadband which used a different range from the NowTV hub so it obviously wouldn't connect, put it back to DHCP and bingo, lights working again. 😄

Thanks again for your help, appreciated.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Pretty sure I didn't help and you've sorted it out on your own, but you're welcome anyway and glad everything's working! Good luck! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now TV app on windows 10 is blocking my Hue lights sync.

Is there a way to allow access to the Nowtv app?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The NowTV app is a bit paranoid about having its screen captured Smiley Frustrated

Are you running the standard Philips Hue Sync app for this, on Windows 10?

How are you casting to what make of TV?

What, precisely, is the nature of the blocking?

As bringing a laptop into the lounge is anyway a faff, we take an alternative approach, using the Hue TV app on an iPad. You point the iPad camera at the TV screen (which is still a faff, but we use our projector stand for the iPad to sit on, which is less of a faff), and that talks to the lights according to what it sees on the screen.

And NowTV is powerless to object to that!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.