cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First 10 days speed establishment

I have ordered broadband. It was initially supposed to be activated on the 26/4 but NOW have since changed the date to 30/4. Unfortunately, this is the day I go away for a 2.5 week holiday abroad. So when the line is activated, I won't be home to plug in the kit.

From what I understand the first 10 days of your service is when various line checks are performed in order to setup the optimum speed. But what happens if the router is not connected at all?

I've asked now support and they insist everything will be fine, but am still a bit unsure about it. I don't want to come back from holiday having to sort out issues with my broadband!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Shouldn't be an issue as NOW TV need to interrogate the router, it will just start when the router is connected. However you should receive the router a few days before your activation date so you can always plug the router in before you leave, it should pick up a connection when switchover takes place.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
If you can get a member of family to check because if you taken normal fibre with NOW TV they say you’ll get 40/10 but with first 10 days line needs to find stable connection.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Shouldn't be an issue as NOW TV need to interrogate the router, it will just start when the router is connected. However you should receive the router a few days before your activation date so you can always plug the router in before you leave, it should pick up a connection when switchover takes place.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User ask them to move date until you get back. No point paying for time don't need to.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to customer support. As the order is a transfer from my old provider they are unable to change the date. The only option was to cancel the order and place a new one.
However, Now are cheaper than my current provider anyway, so it's in my interests to leave it. I will plug in the router first thing in the morning before we leave.