cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error: Broadband service not enabled. Contact provider for activation code - after 3 mths of service

Hi there,

I am stuck for 4 days now as my broadband does not let me see any page. It has been working fine for 3 months. Here is what I observe:

1. See Image 2: A request to any webpage from a chrome browser gets HTTP 302 redirection to a page saying: "Broadband service not enabled. Contact provider for activation code."

2. At the same time the tracert command works just fine showing the hops to the destination server - so there is no issue with connectivity.

Has anyone experienced it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It took 9 days and 2 engineer visits to resolve. The underlying problem was a "crossed line". This means my house was assigned a different phone number than Sky expected. The Internet access was blocked, even if the connectivity was all right, as the wrong phone number was failing authentication.

I wish the crossed line had been detected the first time I called support. Apparently this is something that cannot be detected by support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unplug the NOWTV Hub (router) for a good 20 minutes and then connect back up and see if it works. If you still get the issue then press the reset button at the back of the Hub and keep it pressed in until you see the lights on the front go out and come back on again. This resets your Hub back to factory settings so bear in mind if you made any changes (eg changed wireless name or password, setup any static IPs etc you'll need to do this again).

If you still have the issue after that then it's likely to be at NOW TV's end so give the broadband team a call. You can find the telephone number for the Broadband Team by going to your My Account > My Package page (click the moving home section)

https://account.nowtv.com/my-package

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It took 9 days and 2 engineer visits to resolve. The underlying problem was a "crossed line". This means my house was assigned a different phone number than Sky expected. The Internet access was blocked, even if the connectivity was all right, as the wrong phone number was failing authentication.

I wish the crossed line had been detected the first time I called support. Apparently this is something that cannot be detected by support.