cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not working

Hi, hoping somebody can help as I can't get through to Now on phone or live chat.

I activated my new broadband and phone package on Wednesday last week. It worked fine for 2 1/2 days and then the broadband stopped working on Friday afternoon (phone seems fine). 

I have been promised an engineer visit and I wouldn't need to be home as it's an external problem. It's wednesday now and I still have not had an engineer visit, or if I have he has been he has not fixed the problem.

I had no problems at all with my BT infinity connection so I don't see why there would be a new problem now.

How long does it usually take for an engineer to visit?

How likely is it the engineer will fix the problem?

I suspect the problem is with the broadband hub Now have sent me.

Does anybody else had a similar experience?

This is not a good start and I am considering leaving as I'm still within my 14 day period.

Thank you.  

9 REPLIES 9
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, hoping somebody can help as I can't get through to Now on phone or live chat.

I activated my new broadband and phone package on Wednesday last week. It worked fine for 2 1/2 days and then the broadband stopped working on Friday afternoon (phone seems fine). 

I have been promised an engineer visit and I wouldn't need to be home as it's an external problem. It's wednesday now and I still have not had an engineer visit, or if I have he has been he has not fixed the problem.

I had no problems at all with my BT infinity connection so I don't see why there would be a new problem now.

How long does it usually take for an engineer to visit?

How likely is it the engineer will fix the problem?

I suspect the problem is with the broadband hub Now have sent me.

Does anybody else had a similar experience?

This is not a good start and I am considering leaving as I'm still within my 14 day period.

Thank you.  

Hi @Anonymous User It usually takes 3-5 working days for engineer to come and fix an issue externally so it may take up to another 2 days unfortunately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I wasn't advised they were weekdays. Fed up with no broadband. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't advised they were weekdays. Fed up with no broadband. 

Understandable @Anonymous User Hopefully, sooner than later anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. The man I spoke to on Friday didn't say they were working days.
Friday afternoon is a bad time for your broadband to go down!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you. The man I spoke to on Friday didn't say they were working days.
Friday afternoon is a bad time for your broadband to go down!

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy @Anonymous User . I'll have a word a feed this back to the guys so he can inform people more accurately in the future.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Whilst you are awaiting for an Openreach Engineer, have you tried to power off your Router at the mains for about half an hour to see if the nowtv hub resets it's self ?

If you have already tried this, then please ignore my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven't tried it for that long, so will give it a go when I get home.
Thank you.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Another thing you can try if you haven't already is a factory reset of the hub router (see instructions in link below).

http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/NOWTV_2017/13_Docs/hub-two-set-up-guide.pdf

I doubt the two suggestions will work, but i suppose you may as well try them anyway because you got nothing to lose with no broadband until the Openreach planned Engineers visit.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried that a few times before I called the help line on Friday. I have
tried it a couple of time since too. I think I just need to wait
unfortunately.Thank you anyway.