cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi there @Anonymous User 🙂

Are you trying to log in on the white box? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Won a voucher for 3 months of now tv!!

I sign in on my phone, everything's lovely. I go to sign into my box and absaloutly nothing happens. I reset the whole box and it still won't let me sign in. I can sign in on my phone perfectly fine, what is going on?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

And please confirm which model of NOW TV box are you using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No the only special character is 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I couldn't log in so reset my password and then rest then now tv box as it told me to do now I can't log in as the log in screen is huge and I can only see a small amount on my screen. I have tried changing the display settings on my tv but that doesn't do anything. The initial set up bit is normal size it is only when I get to the log in screen there is a problem. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here over and over again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ve just got back from holiday. I'm being asked to sign in and after about 10 attempts, resetting nowtv box by factory reset and then by pin - I still cant log in.

Its username password not recognised!!

/|\

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Ordinarily your 'Username' will not be your email address.  Also do you have any special characters in your current password, such as an % or + or $ etc? As it would appear that recent NOW TV app updates have either broke or removed support for some special characters...

And can you please confirm which model of NOW TV box are you using?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi same issues as below I have an account and password which works on my computer but it says it is invalid when setting it up on my to. Very frustrated I've been trying for a few days now.