cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you're also having some issues with this on your Box.

Would you be able to force a system update and let us know how you get on?

To do that, you'll need to press the following buttons on your remote in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

Once you've done that, select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen. And then press OK to update it even if it's already on the latest version.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello now Tv. I am having the same problem. I have just bought my 14day free trial online and have tried to sign in on my ps3 to no avail. I will try again tomorrow but if no changes I do not know what to do.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue here works on my TV and laptop won't work on my now TV box keeps saying I have username and password incorrect.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you a brand new or existing NOW TV subscriber?
  • What type of NOW TV box are you using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box]
  • Was your NOW TV playback device working okay before you started having issues?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for the feedback. I have a white now TV box. I have had it for about a year with no issues. The last time the box worked was about 6 days ago. I have tried resetting my password a factory reset of the box with the pin and through the interface but neither have fixed the issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ,I CANT SIGN IN TO NOWTV ON THE TV BUT CAN ON PC ! IT SAYS ON THE TV YOUR USERNAME AND OR PASSWORD ARE INCORRECT BUT THEY ARE THE SAME AS WHAT I AM PUTTING IN ON PC ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had.

Can you please try the following:

1. Reset your password to a new one, from the "forgotten password" option on the NOW TV sign in page (from your pc).
  2. Hard reset your NOW TV Box.
  3. Then sign into your NOW TV Box.

If that doesn't help can you let us know if you get an error message too?

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have had the same problem as Sally b . Have tried advice you gave but still no joy. Can't sign in on now TV box or app for iOS but can on PC!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'll sort it out for you, keep an eye on your emails.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a new smart tv. Set up now tv account, gave bank details, but can log on tv. User name,  pasword  incorrect, but it is correct!!!! Will cancel and sign  up with another provider if I can't  get this sorted. Can anyone help me?  Thank uou..x