cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Sammyb333
Advocate
My box does not recognise username or password. Works on iPhone and MacBook.
Tried resetting with new password, still not working on now tv box. Message says 'sorry we did not recognise your login details' - but I'm definatley entering correctly !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Sammyb333

Do you have any funny characters in your password? From the huge amount of posts regarding login issues in this forum lately it seems many people are experiancing problems logging in due to a bad software update which has issues with password that contain such characters.

Have a try on changing your password using just letters and numbers and see if that helps.

Sammyb333
Advocate
No, just letters and numbers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Started my subscription again and again I'm getting the same problem with 'Sorry, we did not recognise your login details' Login details work on laptop. Changed password numerous of times, no special characters in the passwords, I've also reset the Roku player and still nothing. What can I do and will this problem ever be fixed or will it just mysteriously work again?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again same problem as 2 years ago. I started my subscription again and starting to wonder why I have... again it's telling me 'Sorry, we did not recognise your login details'. I've done everything from changing passwords to resetting my Roku Box. I can login just fine on the laptop and watch it on there but still this problem continues with the Roku app. Can you please fix this, this has been happening for years and I am surprised you haven't fixed it yet! It's really frustrating! Is it just going to myseriously work again after this post? Probably...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Again same problem as 2 years ago. I started my subscription again and starting to wonder why I have... again it's telling me 'Sorry, we did not recognise your login details'. I've done everything from changing passwords to resetting my Roku Box. I can login just fine on the laptop and watch it on there but still this problem continues with the Roku app. Can you please fix this, this has been happening for years and I am surprised you haven't fixed it yet! It's really frustrating! Is it just going to myseriously work again after this post? Probably...

@Anonymous User

Hi Chris

When trying to log into the roku are you using your email address or username or have you tried both?

Have you checked all the software is up to date

Also if you can could you try and get an alternative nowtv login to check if the problem is with your account or with the Roku box

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my tv box will not let sign in but can online, or using android device  

have tried all ideas listed . please help

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi . thanks for help. I was using a symbol in my password. Problem sorted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i can't log in to my white now tv box but I can on a smart box can you help me please?