cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you so much your a superstar I didn't think to switch box off the only thing I didn't try hours I tried haha.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,
This is the second time the app has now given me a the above log in error - please can someone help
Thanks

Will
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi make sure you are using Sky ID when signing in. Also click show password so you can double check is correct. Any difficulties link to chat in my signature.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Job done!
Thanks for your help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you can also make sure that you are not using any VPN's when using NOW TV and also that you are based within the UK.

As per our terms and conditions if our systems detect that you are doing either of the above it may create issues for you to stop your viewing.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't sign into now tv on my lg tv even though I have set up an account and reset my password. Is there an amount of time it takes to update so I can sign in?
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi, what is your model of LG TV? I am assuming that you can see the app rather than logging in on the web browser on the TV? The TV needs to be hooked up to the internet obviously. You should be able to just open the app. Type in your Sky ID (user name) and case sensitive password. When you type in password, if there is option to have it show password is helpful to have on in case either you double select a letter or accidentally miss one. I leave my LG logged in so can't remember if it does show.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am able to log in on the website but when trying to access the app I'm being given a message stating that the username and password is not recognised, I have reset my password but still not able to log in. I have checked and double checked my details and even checked I have a valid pass. Please help. I am unable to check my NOW tv box as I am away on vacation.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really sorry to hear that @Anonymous User

I wouldn't think that you're entering it wrong if you're able to sign in on the website so it sounds like there's something going on with the box or the connection itself.

Can you try turning off your router for around a minute, then give it another go?

Are you able to sign in on any other devices that use an app?

Just also wanted to point out since you're on vacation (hope you're enjoying it) if you're outside of the UK, then you won't be able to access NOW TV content unfortunately. In case you weren't aware.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using the username or email address to login into the app? Make sure you use your username as the email does not work (although strangely enough you can use either to log into this site or sky).