cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, the last time the box logged in was either the 7th or 8th of this month. Android devices log in and stream content fine, the boxes won't let me log in at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
An update for those people having the same problem; so I bit the bullet and signed up for another account and both boxes are working perfectly fine. Tech support gave me a voucher code for the time remaining on my subscriptions to use with the new account so I haven't lost out.

It seems ridiculous to me that nobody knows what causes this problem or how to fix it, I just hope this new account doesn't end up with the same problem.

So, to sum it up, if you are getting the unknown error then contact tech support, tell them you want to start a new account, ask them to give you a voucher code for your remaining subscription and cancel your automatic payments.

Don't contact them expecting them to fix the problem because it won't happen, it will be a total waste of your time. As it is, I have lost 3 weeks trying to get this fixed, and also have not been able to use the service either. I'm not going to watch it on a tablet, so as far as I'm concerned I've paid for 3 weeks I haven't even used.

As nice as it is to have it working again, my tv has decided today would be the day it was going to blow up.

FML
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought an entertainment pass on my account but my NOWTV box will nt let me sign in?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for getting in touch. Sorry about this, are you able to sign in on none of your devices? Are you able to sign in and view content now?

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was able to view yesterday after restoring factory settings. Today the Now tv box is not even finding my wireless network! The router is on and receivable by other devices. Could you advise if you have done anything centrally to affect this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User hopefully we know the issue, however it does require you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router let us know the make and model, plus who your Internet is with and I'm sure someone can provide the steps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is a Virgin media super hub VMDG480. This was sending signals to the Now tv box yesterday so I am not clear why it should stop doing so today?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I think it's a buggy firmware update you probably got last night. Follow this help guide from Virgin and set the channel to 1, 6 or 11. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Glad I only got the 30 day trail and even in that time I had problems and by the looks of things it ain't worth investing in either
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fumming won't recognise my password or username and I want to cancel my movie pack is active and I can't stop it!! Plus I'm getting charged so annoyed