cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable
By hard reset do you mean the pin hole at the back?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's right.

You can also try the steps here.

Please let us know if you've already tried this or how you get on with these.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Simon i have tried both if these ideas before, but I am willing to give them ago again, for the simple fact is I have nothing to lose, I will report back in the morning with my finding
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You say you tried and can login using other devices? Have you made sure you have a free slot to watch on a new device ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have even took the steps to remove my working box to get the second box a free go at logging on the account but still it's the same error and Simon I also retried the two things that you asked me to do but I still get the same "unknown error has occurred" problem
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please try signing into the NOW TV App on a PC/Laptop  and then play content. 

Once you have done this can you please reset the NOW TV box and then try to sign in again?

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done the above and still getting the error, can I ask has anybody who has had this error had any luck fixing it? I have seen a lot of people complaining about the error but nobody seems to have said they have fixed it!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Yes a hard reset is holding a pin into the Reset hole for 15 seconds. Unlike the instructions on the help article this should be done with the cables still attached and box powered on. The box will reset and you will see the Let's Get Started screen and have to set up your wifi and NOW TV account details again.

If you still get an error message can you let us know what it says and at what stage in the setup process it appears.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got problems with my nowt box , we moved to another flat and now is not working nd the connection is excellent , what could be?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear that.

Can you please specify what exactly is happening, do you get any error messages or codes?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team