cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. I already had one now tv box which was working fine, then I bought another one but it wouldn't go past setup and would just give an 'unknown error' after putting in my username and password. The day after that, the box that was previously working threw up an error message so I reset it and now both boxes give the unknown error when trying to complete setup. That was ten days ago and it still hasn't been resolved.

I contacted live chat right after it happened and explained the problem and all the things I've already tried and they told me to go through it all again, so I did (surprise surprise it didn't work), so they said they will pass me on to technical help. A few days later I received an email from technical help telling me to try logging in again (still not working) so I explained (again) all the things I have tried. They email me back telling me they will pass me on to someone else. Great, another 3 days wasted on emails and another 3 days wait for the next person to get in touch to 'help' me.

So, this morning I received another email from technical help telling me to try all the things I've already tried AGAIN! It's still not bloody working because nobody has tried anything other than tell me to try all the things I've already tried over and over again!

I've seen a couple of other people post on these forums saying the only thing that lets their box get past the unknown error is signing up for a new account, so why is nobody looking at my account and trying to fix it? I've already told three so-called technical help staff this very thing but I have a strong feeling I will be explaining it all over again for the next person I get passed onto as no-one seems to have the faintest idea what to do or how to fix it.

Needless to say I am pretty frustrated.

Just for the record, things I have tried so far (many times):

soft reset
hard reset
disabling network pings on the hidden menu
connecting through a 3G network instead of the home WiFi
Installing beta firmware through the hidden menu
Installing retail firmware through the hidden menu
resetting my password through the login page on the Now TV website

What really irked me is the person I was talking to on live chat was so sure I had exceeded my device limit for the month (which I hadn't) that, after reading through everything I'd tried and me telling them I had a spare device slot, then told me at least I could still watch Now TV on a tablet until next month when I get an activation back. Well that's just great.

Does anyone on your technical help team actually fix stuff or do they just send out generic emails that don't even make sense? Such as telling me to go to the home screen and enter the settings menu when I am telling them I can't even get past the log in screen?

This is ridiculous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now the next day and I've received another email saying I'm being passed on to someone else, the 'customer support team' this time. This is an absolute joke, this is the worst customer support experience I've ever had, what the hell is going on?

Do any of your support staff know how the service actually works? It is becoming apparent that I am going to be passed from person to person until I give up and go away, is this how it works?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the very same problem. I exchanged the box on the advise of a live chat, and you guessed it, still did not work. I had an email from the so called technical team and still no good. After the latest live chat they told me to wait   for the upgrade which is being applied to the TV Box and try again. I am seriously considering taking the box and throwing it!! The live chat people just seem to be reading from a script.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Really sorry to hear some of you are still having issues connecting your boxes.

Could I ask what type of internet router you are using and which provider? 

Let us know and we'll try and help further.

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Steve, I have a sagemcom router supplied by the provider, and I'm with sky and use the same account for both sky and now tv.
But it doesn't appear to be a connection problem. It connects fine but won't let me log in to my account.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Morbias,

It may be worth setting up a new Sky ID for your NOW TV account and Box as this could be the reason you're having trouble setting up your NOW TV Box.

Do you currently have any active subscriptions?

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes I do have active subscriptions for the next 4 months or so, which is why I can't go setting up another account, plus I also use the same account for my Sky broadband and phone so I don't particularly want more than one Sky account. Even if I did set up another account just for now tv, what guarantee is there that it won't happen again? It was working fine to start with (not counting all the times the service went down) so what's to stop it happening again with another account?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Morbias,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. Sorry to hear that you're having log in issues.

Could you try logging out of any other Sky related accounts and then try signing into your NOW TV account once again.

This should resolve the ongoing issue experienced.

We hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah yeah, I forgot to put that in the list of things I've already tried. ..

Nope it doesn't help at all
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Thanks for posting

Sorry that your problems still persist. Can you let us know the last time you were able to log in to any of the 2 boxes please?

When you are logged in does content playout without any issues?

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team