cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am not sure what the problem was but it is OK now. I had another problem in that the screen froze and I thought it might be the remote - it wasn't but the NOW box has to be an inch in front of TV screen for it work. All OK now though. Thanks everyne.

Nan06

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Made an account, paid £34.99 for the movie package, now tv box came.... Set it up, doesn't recognise my username or password, so I tried to put my email address in to receive new ones, doesn't recognise my email address either, but I have received numerous emails off now tv thanking me for subscribing and that my box will be on its way so why isn't it recognised when I try and sign in?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Made an account, paid £34.99 for the movie package, now tv box came.... Set it up, doesn't recognise my username or password, so I tried to put my email address in to receive new ones, doesn't recognise my email address either, but I have received numerous emails off now tv thanking me for subscribing and that my box will be on its way so why isn't it recognised when I try and sign in?

As part of the sign up process, did you also give your debit/credit card details?

If not, this is now needed to prove you're 18 and a UK resident.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I have my details as I paid for it and it was taken out of my account. It's also on my bank statement as £34.99 to 'now tv'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes, I have my details as I paid for it and it was taken out of my account. It's also on my bank statement as £34.99 to 'now tv'

The payment for the box and the card details to use it are a seperate thing (AFAIK).

After you took delivery of the box, when you went to plug it in, did you see prompts that ask you to create a username and passord, then to use a PC/Laptop to fill out the bank card details. Do you see and do this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have managed to get it up and running with no problems now. Thank you very much for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's good to hear:)

For the benefit of future readers, could you post how managed to sort it out?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kezmonkey, 

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Daz_s is right when it comes down to the purchase of the NOW TV Box being a seperate payment. But if you created an account prior to purchasing a NOW TV Box you should not be having these issues. 

Can you please sign into your NOW TV account on a PC/Laptop and then try to play content depending on offer that you signed up to. You will need to apply the offer that you got with your Box to your account. 

If you are still having issues with this please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl-F

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have managed to get it up and running with no problems now. Thank you very much for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Message "sorry, we did not recognise either your username or password".  Brand new box installed today.  Everything OK when watching on laptop though