cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sky movies pass on Now TV

Hi to all that might read this post

Is there a particular reason why suddenly this last week, when trying to watch a movie that previously on Now TV was free of charge, presumably as part of the monthly basic subscription, it now directs me to purchasing Sky Movies for £11.99 per month, regardless of what movie genre I select? Basically I can't watch any movies at all on Now TV without seemingly having to purchase a Sky movies pass? Is this a new format for everyone generally? A live chat with Now TV wasn't very helpful at all to be fair! Much appreciate any advice.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There is no ‘monthly basic subscription’ for the NowTV service.

So I imagine you have signed up for NowTV Broadband? This gives you your internet connection, but the NowTV streaming service of Sky programmes is quite separate.

Except that NowTV will have given you six months of Entertainment Pass free with your broadband.

But not Movies, and not Sport.

As a new NowTV subscriber, though, you will have had a seven days free trial of Movies; and, if you wanted it, of Sport.

But that seven days has now expired, so if you want any more Movies, you need to subscribe for a Movies Pass; £11.99 a month, Cancel having any future months at any time.

As above though, you can still keep watching Entertainment, and it will be six months before you are charged for any future month’s Passes.

But if you decide you don’t want Entertainment beyond six months, then cancel any time, and you won’t be charged any further for Entertainment Passes; just your monthly broadband subscription, as with any ISP.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.