cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

replacement remote control for white box

does anybody know if the black remote will work on the white now tv box? if not where can i purchase a new white remote without being ripped off thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes the black box remote will work fine with the white box.

If you need to buy one you can order one here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

The other alternative is to download the official Roku remote app for iOS/Android phone/tablets which will connect to your box over wifi and acts like a virtual remote control. However it's still useful to have an actual remote for times where the Roku remote app won't work (eg if you need to reset the box or it loses wifi connection).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes the black box remote will work fine with the white box.

If you need to buy one you can order one here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

The other alternative is to download the official Roku remote app for iOS/Android phone/tablets which will connect to your box over wifi and acts like a virtual remote control. However it's still useful to have an actual remote for times where the Roku remote app won't work (eg if you need to reset the box or it loses wifi connection).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have tried to download roku handset on my windows 10mobile but i can't get it to work just keeps saying searching for device so will see if black handset available

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Check your mobile and NOW TV box are on same wifi network as they need to be to see each other. If for some reason the box isn't connecting to wifi (or has been hard reset) then the phone app won't be able to find the box.

You can either pick up a replacement remote, or the alternative is to buy a new box - Currys are selling them for about £20 at the moment with 3 months entertainment pass which if you subscribe to NOW TV entertainment already makes it in effect free.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.  I’ve read a solution to this question and you say you can use the black remote with a white box, but I can’t seem to get mine to work?  Do I need to “pair” them or something?

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the older black nowtv infra red remote controller (non voice smart version) with your white nowtv box ?

The newer nowtv smart voice remote controller will not work on the older white boxes (unless you have a nowtv stick or nowtv 4K box in the home to setup the smart remote with your home wifi network).

Unless you are using the analogue video out on the white box i would consider a newer box or stick rather than replacing the remote.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is the black version of the nowtv remote controller you need with the older white boxes.

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/now-tv-smart-box-remote?section=now-tv&category=all?section=now-tv&category=all 

If you have this version then there is always the possibility that the IR receiver on your white box is faulty.