cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pixelation

I have had my white NOW tv box for some years now and when I try and watch it now, during movies it pixalates horribly. stopping the movie and restarting it doesnt help. it will go clear then pixelate again.

anyway to fix this? I have

1-checked connections

2-rebooted the box

3-checked internet speed and connection(I have high speed via virgin)

4-reset router

5-connection speed is-198.43mbps download speed

no downloads have been running nor updates on systems as we only connect one at a time

I have no issues with things like my ps4 or puter so ...any fix for this horrible pixalation that makes watching a movie a no-go?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue currently trying to watch Captain America Civil War and it's horrendous, as above I have no issues with anything else
Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried watching jungle book and it was like trying to watch coloured blocks. it was horrible. Ill have to watch it again just to actually SEE the movie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello???? any reply at all? any help???

seriously????

no point in keeping a movie pass then I cant use as the box pixelates everything...

good to see that the customer service here has NOT improved

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with watching films. I have a white NOW TV Box, the best Virgin Media WiFi router available and a new Samsung TV. I have tried to fix the problem but without success. I have decided to cancel my subscription to NOW TV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have either of you guys considered upgrading your old design 'white' boxes to either the 'black' or 'smart' box?

Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription.

In many cases this means that your new box ends up costing you nothing Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

are you a NOW rep? or an admin?

because if that is the best advice NOW can give I am calling sky and complaining

NEVER MIND I just read your blurp. seriously....

is there no one from NOW interested in helping?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

seems no one from NOW actually cares. I cant get a reply to save my life.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nothing lasts forever @Anonymous User,

Indeed, the technology in the original (single-core) 'white' NOW TV box is over 3 and a half years old. And has far less grunt than the (dual-core) 'black' box. Which has less grunt than the new (quad-core) 'smart' box!

Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription.

In many cases this means that your new 'black' box ends up costing you nothing...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One- I have been paying for my movie pass now for MONTHS it has cost me -allot-.

two-The fact an actual NOW rep cant be bothered is a huge point right now.

Three- I am not tech-illiterate. Thank you though for the condensending tone. It was even less appreciated than the "customer service" here.

FOUR- I will call SKY and complain about the lack of help and actual service as NOW team cant be bothered directly.

and lastly

If you are not a rep...a NOW employee...than please just stop responding as you are NOT helping.