Did you mean: 
123Jodie123

Re: now tv remote doesnt work

It's when I am on the Spotify app that it doesn't work properly
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@123Jodie123 Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps?

You can also see if you need to update the app here

Also, see this post:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Spotify-app-unusable/m-p/340225#M30532

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@123Jodie123 Also, don't follow the reboot advice on that post just yet as there is an issue at the moment.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
faye23
Advocate

My remote has stopped working.

I have only had my now box for 5 weeks.

I have tried replacing the battery 3 times and it will work intermitally but give up after a matter of seconds which is extremely frustrating!

I have had contact with 3 different people at live chat (last night) and wasted 2 hours explaining my problem over and over.

I have been told that the following things which are not correct:

1. I did not buy the box from them (I did as I have the TV, internet and telephone and all was sent via post 5 weeks ago)
  2. That the serial number on the box is incorrect and unknownI feel that absolutely no one was capable of dealing with my simple issue and the customer care and support is appalling.
  3. I have sent a number of emails last night and this morning and heard nothing back also.
  4. I was then told that I would have to purchase a remote from the sky site which I find totally unreasonable as I have been sold faulty goods. Also the remote can take 7 days to arrive?
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@faye23

Have you got the new nowtv smart box with the blue nowtv logo on the top of the box ?

If so, my smart box had the wrong serial number on the box outer packaging which i reported during the box trials.

You can find the correct box serial number by going into the box menu settings under system and "About".

Does the light on the front of the box flash each time your press the remote controller key ?

I am guessing live chat have asked you to try rebooting the box, also undertaking a hard factory reset by again going into the box menu settings and also trying a forced software update ?

Do you own a smart phone or tablet, if so maybe has a short term measure until the nowtv team can reslove your box problem is to download the free Roku remote controller app from your device app store ?

0 Thanks
Wlat
Expert

@schnapps wrote:

You can find the correct box serial number by going into the box menu settings under system and "About".

---------------------------------------

Difficult to do if the remote doesn't work.
Smiley Mad
Wlat
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Wlat

Yeah, you are absolutely right, i must have been still half a sleep when i wrote that paragraph. Smiley Happy

Even though it's nearly Mid Day i am never the best in the Mornings. Smiley Very Happy

@faye23 Try downloading the free Roku remote controller app, then go into the box menu settings, under system and About to double check your serial number.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@faye23

I forgot to mention if you decide to download the Roku remote controller app onto your smart phone or tablet for the short term until you get the nowtv remote controller sorted, whatever you do don't undertake a Factory Reset on the box.

Unfortunately the Roku app will not be able to setup a nowtv box from initial setup after a factory reset (you would need a proper nowtv remote controller to setup the box again) so avoid a factory reset when your only option is the Roku app.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @faye23,

Thanks for posting.

If you bought the box form us it should indeed still be under the warranty, as you got it as part of the broadband bundle the best thing to do would be to speak with the broadband team on the phone, if you came through onto live chat it could be that you spoke to the team that deals with TV and as they use a slightly different system they might not of be able to see the order.

There shouldn't be any need to buy a new remote in this case.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
nickmo
Advocate

Hi,

I have tried all of the steps recommended in resetting my white now tv box. The remote send to be the issue. It seems that this is a common problem, solved by the sending of a new remote. Hire can I get a new one please?
0 Thanks