cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loucrane
Advocate

Re: now tv remote doesnt work

Hi my remote has stopped working too, changed batteries, still nothing. How do I get a new one?
Thank you
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Loucrane

You can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

if your box is still under warranty (12 months) you could return it to the store you bought it from or, if you bought direct from the NOW TV website go here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

Whilst you are sorting your remote out, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box.

sarah_crom
Advocate

Exactly the same problem here and getting really annoyed with now tv. Nothing but issues so far zed haven't even got connected yet.
0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @sarah_crom

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you elaborate on what exactly is the issue? Have you managed to set up your Box? Does the Box light flash and hear a sound when you press the buttons on your remote?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
slipd
Mentor

Hi guys,

Got me a new black box a week ago, watched about an hour of TV on it and it was fine - unplugged it afterwards. Just went to re-use and my remote is completely unresponsive, I get nothing whatsoever Smiley Frustrated

Any ideas or is it just faulty, if so what's the drill. I bought it online from ShopTo so do I have to send the whole thing back? I've already activated the 3 month Entertainment voucher that came with it...

Thanks.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@slipd wrote:

Any ideas or is it just faulty, if so what's the drill. I bought it online from ShopTo so do I have to send the whole thing back? I've already activated the 3 month Entertainment voucher that came with it...

Sufficed to say, if your box is actually faulty your purchase contract is with the vendor (ShopTo), so you'll have to send it back to them for a replacement device. And they will have to cover the postage Smiley Wink

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
slipd
Mentor

Thanks for the reply mate, it's actually working okay atm. Could it have been anything to do with the micro SD I had connected to it at the time?
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@slipd wrote:
Could it have been anything to do with the micro SD I had connected to it at the time?

Hmmm...

If you're fiddling about with the box. Anything could happen. It's a good job they're so cheap to buy Smiley LOL

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
123Jodie123

My nowtv remote has stopped working!
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@123Jodie123 Hello 🙂

• Does the light on the box flicker when trying to use the remote?
  • Also, how far away from the box are you using the remote?
  • A silly question but have you changed the batteries?

Also, see Andy's response or if you have an iPhone/Android you can download the roku remote app. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks